Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, complete cleaning, maintenance and repairs on the buildings, grounds and equipment. Aides the maintenance supervisor in overseeing the work contracted out.
Water Club Luxury Living
Water Club Luxury Living offers one, two, and three-bedroom apartments with spectacular views of the majestic Hudson River in Poughkeepsie NY. Water Club apartments include outdoor balconies, panoramic windows, stainless steel appliances, indoor parking, outdoor pool with cabanas, outdoor fire pits, BBQ grills, gym, dog park, roof terrace, prime location, and much more.
Essential Job Functions:
- Completes daily pickup of trash and grounds.
- Removes Snow from Grounds and Sidewalk
- Performs the cleaning and maintenance of public spaces including the front of the building, yards, steps, lobbies, etc.
- Performs repairs and adjustments, such as easing windows and doors, and replacing washers on taps.
- Handles urgent or minor maintenance requests.
- Reports major complaints in writing.
- Aids Property Manager and Maintenance Manager in Monitoring work of outside contractors
- Ensures that fire escapes and passages leading to them are clear of obstructions.
- Ensures compliance with building rules and regulations.
- Ensures adherence to city regulations regarding garbage removal, maintaining trash compactor
- Examines appliances and utility equipment, tests for safety, and performs routine maintenance.
- Must have a working knowledge of Maintenance and be able to complete plumbing, electrical, mechanical, appliance, HVAC, carpentry and paint repairs.
- Paints and Prepares Vacant Apartments to Ensure they are ready for occupancy.
- Maintains appliances and equipment.
- Uses a variety of equipment such as cleaning accessories, plumbing wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.
- Perform additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely as required by Property Manager
Supervisory Job Functions:
- Oversee building maintenance staff when the Maintenance Supervisor is unavailable.
- Supervise the work of outside contractors when the Maintenance Supervisor is unavailable.
Qualifications of the Position:
- High School Diploma or a Degree Equivalent
- Basic knowledge of building systems including, but not limited to plumbing, electrical, carpentry, apartment alterations, waterproofing, & HVAC;
- Must respond to all emergencies – on-call 24 hours;
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize;
- Applicant must possess a professional manner and image.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to walk around the building for long periods of time.
- Must be able to exert well-paced mobility in limited space.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 50 lbs on a regular and continuing basis.
- Understand and respond to employee and guest verbal requests and visual cues in a sometimes loud and extremely busy environment.