Shadows on the Hudson is looking for experienced full & part time bartenders to provide an excellent experience for our guests! Our casual waterfront restaurant features specialty cocktails, an expansive wine selection and rotating local craft, seasonal & domestic beers. The Bartender welcomes guests and takes drink orders from restaurant servers or directly from guests. Ensures guest age requirements are in compliance with current regulations for alcohol purchase by checking identification. Mixes cocktails and other bar beverages following established recipes. Generates new drink recipes for approval by bar management. Collects payment for drinks and follows all cash and credit handling procedures. Ensures bar area is clean, and fully stocked with needed products for beverage mixing and serving guests. Follows alcohol awareness process for preventing intoxication and effectively handles situations with intoxicated guests. Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
Shadows on the Hudson is an award winning waterfront restaurant located in Poughkeepsie, NY.
Our building is perched on a cliff 40 feet above the Hudson River and just 50 feet from its eastern bank. With creative cuisine, exceptional service, and unmatched Hudson River views, Shadows on the Hudson is the best choice for your next special event.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- At least one (1) year of experience in high volume atmosphere
- Able to stand and exert well-paced mobility in limited space for up to four (4) hours
- Able to understand and respond to employee and guest verbal requests and visual cues in a loud and extremely busy environment
- Demonstrate courtesy and guest focus
Primary duties represented, but other duties may be assigned.