Craft cocktails have become a distinguishing factor in the quality of a dining experience. Our cocktail program utilizes seasonality and fresh local ingredients to set us apart in the Hudson Valley. At Blu Pointe our Bartenders are the leaders in the bar and lounge areas. They are responsible for curating a unique, custom tailored experience for each and every guest. We are looking for passionate, dedicated hospitality professionals to help us expand our team. Outlined below is a list of requirements and expectations for the Bartender position.
Blu Pointe is nestled in the Hudson Valley directly on the Newburgh waterfront. We are a modern, upscale dining experience featuring a Wine Spectator award winning wine list, Prime and Wagyu beef, fresh seafood and breath-taking river views.
At Blu Pointe we strive to provide options that allow our guests to enjoy healthier eating habits and lifestyles. Food is an essential part of everyone’s day and we want our guest to allow us to be a part of theirs. We take pride in educating our staff on why we have chosen certain ingredients and cooking methods. This allows our guests to know exactly what they are enjoying and where it was sourced.
- Can execute all classic preparations of common cocktails by request
- Produces all common and signature cocktails served in the restaurant
- Produces all infusions and syrups for cocktail program
- Greets all guests in the bar and lounge areas. Coordinates the sequence of service for each course throughout the meal
- Is able to multi-task while making cocktails for the dining room and providing service to all bar and lounge patrons
- Ensures all food and beverage items are correctly ordered are served according to restaurant standards
- Fosters a strong, team oriented work place and goes above and beyond industry standards for service and hospitality whenever possible
- Performs wine service when necessary and maintains service throughout the duration of the meal
- Is knowledgeable of all food and beverage menus in the restaurant and is able to navigate and custom tailor all guest experiences accordingly
- Performs frequent check-ins on table service after each item is served, guaranteeing guest satisfaction
- Listens to guest feedback and provides details to management to continue to improve the dining experience at Blu Pointe
- Presents final check to guest and processes all payments correctly in Micros P.O.S.
- Minimum age requirement of 21 years
- Minimum 3 years+ of experience in full-service, fine dining restaurant
- Must be able to stand and work 8 hour shifts
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- Must be available to work minimum of one shift on Sundays and two shifts per week
- Must possess strong leadership and organizational qualities
- Must possess a strong interest in food, wine and cocktails
- Customer service oriented attitude with strong hospitality skills
- Able to work flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Able to bend, squat and lift up to 50 lbs. regularly and continuously
- High School diploma or equivalent
- General Wine Knowledge of common varietals
- Common cocktail knowledge and order taking abilities