Prep / Line Cook / Sous Chef
Ensures all initial ingredients and broken down items are handled on a timely basis with the utmost attention to detail in line with directions provided. Becomes familiar with the kitchen and kitchen equipment. Responsible for food preparations including washing, peeling, slicing, dicing, weighing and mixing ingredients, cutting and chopping meat, preparing salads, condiments and bread and putting up food. Utilizes knife skills. Responsible for baked goods, side dishes, soup preparation and assembling dishes/meals. Knowledge of food handling, safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess high school diploma or equivalent Able to stand for extended periods of time (up to 10 hours)
- Possess a high degree of attention to detail
- Able to follow instructions
- Must have knife skills
- Understand food handling and workplace safety
- Able to withstand extreme temperatures for up to 30 minutes (0 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Able to carry up to 50 lbs. up to 100 feet
- Able to understand and respond to employee and guest verbal requests and visual cues in a loud and extremely busy environment
Primary duties represented, but other duties may be assigned.